Friday, November 19, 2010

Shades of Brown


Here is my card for yesterday's Ways to Use It challenge at SCS, which was to use brown as the predominant color. Brown is not my go-to color when making a Christmas card, but this Jovial paper from Basic Grey really fit the challenge well!

I stamped a wreath from Outlines in Chocolate Chip and colored it with copics to match the designer paper. I cut it out with a Labels nestie and sponged the edges with So Saffron and Chocolate Chip. I used a sentiment from a Christmas Papertrey Ink set and stamped that on a longer panel of brown. I then used a piece of distressed-look designer paper in teal (from Basic Grey) to pick up the teals in the Christmas paper. I love the look of teal and brown together. A knotted bow at the top and some brass brads finishes the card.
TFL!

1 comment:

  1. Wowwww, seriously GORGEOUS card! I LOOOOVE your rich colors and the fantastic sponging!!

    ReplyDelete