Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chinese New Year

My Mom has a good friend who celebrates Chinese New Year and she always has trouble finding a card in the store. So for the past few years, I have made one for her and was so happy to find this digital image at Paper Pretties. Isn't Sophia just beautiful in this outfit??

Wednesdays are Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge day and this week the challenge (PWC 138) is to use sewing on a card. I love the way sewing looks on a card and it does take a bit more time but so worth the effort. (My sewing machine is now part of my stamping room!!) I colored the image with copics. I chose two different papers to go with the colors of the outfit and followed the SFYTT sketch for January. The background coral is embossed with Swiss Dots. I sewed around the edges of all four elements and then put the card together according to the sketch. I added a double ribbon treatment. I didn't have a Happy New Year sentiment so I added a circle of more dsp to follow the sketch.

Thanks for stopping by and head over to Paper Pretties to join the challenge too!
Supplies used:
Stamps - Paper Pretties digital Fantastic Sophia
Paper - Stampin Up River Rock, Bravo Burgundy; Bazill coral, white; SU dsp
Accessories - Copics, sewing machine, scallop circle punch, circle punch, grosgrain ribbons, Cuttlebug EF

2 comments:

  1. This is Fan-tastic!!! I love all of the layers! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the paper is perfect for the image. You mom's friend will love this.

    ReplyDelete