Sunday, January 30, 2011

Recipe for Love


This is my second post for today so if you are looking for the Paper Pretties birthday blog hop, please scroll down below this post. Thanks!!




Here is a card I made for the My Favorite Things February Guest Designer challenge called Recipe for Love. The challenge was to make a card with one patterned paper, 2 cardstock colors and 3 embellishments, all to a Valentine's theme.

For my card I chose this Pure Innocence image holding a cupcake. She is so sweet. I paper pieced her dress with the sparkly polka dot paper (my only patterned paper here) and colored the rest with copics. I used the sketch from The Sweet Stop (SSS93) as my design. For the two cardstocks, I chose pink and red of course. I embossed the pink and the red cardstock with Swiss Dots. Everything is up on dimensionals so this card is not one for the postal service!!For my embellishments I used a grosgrain bow, a button and some white brads (I didn't count the twine since I used the ribbon too.). The sentiment is from a different MFT set, but fit with the image, theme and layout.
TFL and have a great day!
Supplies used:
Stamps - MFT Hello Cupcake; MFT What's Up Cupcake
Paper - Bazill pink, red, Taylored Expression white; Doodlebug designs dsp
Ink - Memento black; Stampin Up Red Riding Hood
Accessories - Grosgrain ribbon, twine, button, copics, brads, Cuttlebug EF, dimensionals

3 comments: