Saturday, February 26, 2011

MFT Sketch

Here is my card for this week's Wednesday Sketch Challenge hosted by My Favorite Things. I chose this Pure Innocence image again because she is just too sweet! Last week I made a Clean and Simple card using this image, and this week I added layers and embellishments! I paper pieced her dress with the same background paper from Little Yellow Bicycle. Then I pulled the reds and greens from it for the rest of the card. The sketch called for a bigger label element, but I didn't have the appropriate die for this (wish list!) so I placed the sentiment there instead. I had the big stitched grosgrain out from my last card and it went perfectly with this sweet girl. I added a big bow to finish that element. Finally, the top looked a little bare, so some small green brads filled that space!
Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies used:
Stamps - My Favorite Things Pure Innocence My Balloon
Paper - Bazill red, green; Taylored Expressions white; Little Yellow Bicycle Savor dsp
Ink - Memento black; Stampin Up Ruby Red
Accessories - Copics, grosgrain ribbon, brads, scallop border punch

4 comments:

  1. she's adorable, I love PI. I saw this over on MFT today and finally am getting over here because I'm doing my Paper Pretties duties, so thanks for playing with us there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very sweet Birthday card! I love how you paper pieced her dress and how you anchored the card with the red bow! VERY CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!!! I really like the paper-piecing on her dress, and the fun combination of colors you used. A wonderful birthday card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable Kelly! I simply love her dress paper pieced with this paper! So cute! :D

    ReplyDelete