Monday, February 21, 2011

Paper Pretties Whatnot Release!


Happy Monday everyone! Kids are home from school this week for winter break so I am hoping the girls and I spend some quality time together, quality stamping time that is!!



Paper Pretties is starting off the week with a great new release of digital stamps, perfect for those spring and Easter cards that we are starting to make :). The first card (on the left) features Little Bear Peep, that cute bear Artish draws wearing a Little Bo Peep dress. I made this card for today's release and also for the Crazy 4 Challenges weekly challenge blog, which this week is to use dies on your card. The C4C challenge is being sponsered by Paper Pretties this week, so be sure to stop by!

This card features my daughter's flower bloom made from punches and die cut flowers, assembled with a brad. I have to give her credit. She found a bunch of punched flowers and scallop circles and created a few punched flowers similar to this one, so I put her to work using the papers I needed. She's quite a good paper crafter. I colored the bear using copics and cut it out with an oval die, sponging some more blue around the edges. The pink panel is embossed with swirls. Finally a double striped grosgrain bow treatment finished the card.


My next idea was to make a coordinating card, using the Peeps Sheep image. I kept this card layout more simple, but used the same dsp and ribbon treatment. I cut the image out using a smaller oval and sponged the same blue around the edges. I included a simple sentiment under the image and that finished the card. How simple but how cute!!
Supplies used:
Stamps - Paper Pretties Whatnots Digitals Little Bear Peeps and Peeps Sheep
Ink - Memento black
Paper - white, Bazill pink; Stampin Up dsp
Accessories - Copics, Cuttlebug EF, Spellbinders Nestibilities; striped grosgrain ribbons, brads, scallop circle punch, circle punch, Taylored Expressions Friendship Blooms dies

No comments:

Post a Comment