Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Feeling Groovy


Here is a card I made for the sketch challenge hosted by My Favorite Things (MFTWSC19) and the Technique Lover's Challenge (TLC325) to make paper buttons. I never thought to do this before but what a great way to coordinate background papers with the buttons. So easy to make too.
I colored the image using copics and paper pieced her dress to match the pink paper. Then I sponged some yellow around the image. To finish it off, I added some Stickles to the peace sign in order to make it more groovy. I embossed all of the panels with Swiss Dots.
The sketch called for five banner panels but my card would only fit three of the panels. I put the sentiment in the center panel and added those cool buttons to the outside panels.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used:
Stamps - My Favorite Things Feeling Groovy
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, My Mind's Eye Hazel and Gertie dsp's
Ink - Memento black, cantaloupe, Stampin Up Groovy Guava
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Nestibilities, Cuttlebug EF, twine, Stickles

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet image, and I love the fun way you laid this out! I eyed that technique challenge, and just never got a chance to play, but you're inspiring me to go back to it. LOVE your paper buttons!

    ReplyDelete