Friday, August 26, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 145


I am super excited to be a guest stamper for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Crew today for the TE Sketch Challenge 145, shown here.
For today's card, I chose "Justin" from the Taylored Expressions Moka Collection. These stamps are too cute, but this Justin went beyond cute. Perhaps I am a bit partial with four young girls in my house who happen to love the real Justin!
I colored the image with copics and cut it out. I used designer paper instead of white for the sentiment panels, following the sketch design. The side panel is embossed with Swiss Dots and I added a grosgrain ribbon and bow with some dangling stars. I wasn't sure about the bow since this is obviously a masculine card, but I do like the way it turned out. I added an epoxy button to the banner panel as well. The background is a simple plaid.
Thanks for stopping by today! Stop by the Taylored Expressions blog to see how you can join in the challenge too! In the meantime, be sure to visit the Sketch Team's blogs to see their wonderful creations with this sketch:
Guest Stampers:
Kelly Collins (me!)

Supplies Used:
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Moka Collection - Justin
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, Cosmo Cricket dsp
Ink - Memento black, Stampin Up Red Riding Hood
Accessories - Copics, grosgrain ribbon, epoxy stars, button, bakers twine, Cuttlbug EF, Spellbinders Nestibilities

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Kelly! I love the bow with stars! and Justin Moka is super cool! Great job :) and thanks for joining us!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Kelly! Your coloring is wonderful! Fabulous job on the sketch!
    :) Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card Kelly! Love the cute image, the colors... the dangling stars look great!

    ReplyDelete