Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday There She Goes!!

I was able to get a little stamping time in today with the kids back to school. I wanted to try making some paper dolls using There She Goes stamps to help them celebrate their third birthday (TSGBDAY1).
I chose this adorable mermaid from Make a Splash by There She Goes. I think a lot of Torico's sets lend themselves to setting a scene so this was perfect. I colored the image with copics and then cut her out, leaving a little at the bottom to make a stand. Of course, I couldn't just have one, so I added a few things to make a scene, shown here:




I added a sea horse, clown fish and a background "bottom of the sea" setting. It was very difficult to take a photo of this without all of the shadows. My next task is to take them outside and out on the town, which will hopefully follow tomorrow!
This was easy to make and I will say my five year old daughter thought it was the coolest thing I have ever done! She will be the lucky recipient of this set, to which I plan to add another mermaid, some extra fins and some more sea grass.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used:
Stamps - There She Goes Make a Splash
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Copics

2 comments:

  1. So super cute! Love the scene you created with this set (I am a huge fan of Torico!)...I'm sure your daughter was completely impressed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked cute Kelly! I am SO BUMMED I missed FNC last night! DOH! Darn allergies... I think it would be ADORABLE if you took that little lady to the beach for a photo - LOL! Happy Weekend!
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete