Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Birthday CC!

Here is a card I made for my daughter, who turns 9 at the end of the month. I just love this set from Papertrey Ink, especially the sentiment shown here. I went with the colors of the today's color challenge at Splitcoast today (CC349) - Lucky Limeade, Baja Blue and Calypso Coral. These are some favorite colors of mine, so I might have to revisit the Stampin Up store! I improvised with similar colors.

The background is some Quite Contrary dsp from My Mind's Eye and I outlined this with the coral and blue. I embossed the main white panel with numbers and stamped the sentiment. I used the coordinating die to cut a nine out of the coral cardstock. The blue ribbon panel is embossed with numbers too. I tried very hard to keep this a clean and simple card for yesterday's CAS challenge (CAS144) - to make a CAS card to a party theme.

I added an epoxy green star at the top to bring out a little more of the green and because that fits my daughter to a tee! We have not had an ordinary day since my daughter arrived, and nothing makes me happier!

Supplies Used:
Stamps - PTI - Big Birthday Wishes
Ink - SU Coral
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, MME Quite Contrary dsp
Accessories - PTI Numbers die and embossing pad, grosgrain ribbon, epoxy star, Spellbinders Nestibilities

No comments:

Post a Comment