Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Good Fortune


Here is a card I made for my Mom to give her friend for Chinese New Year. I took advantage of a great color challenge at Splitcoast and a snow day here in New York to create this card. I also went with the weekly sketch challenge at MFT, shown below:



I colored the image with Copics and paper pieced her dress with a floral print that matched the color challenge and seemed to fit my Chinese New Year theme (to me). I colored the girls hair black, which is new to me. I almost always color these PI's with brown hair. I love how her hair looks here.

The rest of the card follows the sketch above. This was a difficult sketch for me and actually the second card I made for it before I was happy enough to post!


Thanks for stopping by today!! Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment