Friday, January 28, 2011

MFTWSC4 Happy Birthday Maria



Here is a card I made for a very good friend, who happens to be a big fan of yoga. She has tried to get me into it, and I admit I was a critic, but it is a great exercise! I am a runner so I had a hard time believing you could work up a sweat doing poses on a mat - I was sooo wrong!
Anyway, back to the card! I made it for the MFT sketch challenge #4, which is called for the use of their new dies, which are must-haves! I don't have them but improvised. This image is a rectangular format, so I cut out the border around it and put it on a circle nestie. Before doing so, I paper pieced the shirt and colored the rest with copics. Since I don't have the die for the circle border, I used a bigger nestie, cutting out a piece of coordinating paper. The background is the same paper used for the shirt, only embossed with distressed stripes to match the white circle, for kind of a nature feel. The rest of the card was a bow to match the sketch and a sentiment. This will be a birthday card, but I thought this sentiment worked!
Supplies used:
Stamps - MFT Namaste
Paper - Stampin Up Purely Pomegranate; Bazill coral, white; Stampin Up dsp
Ink - SU Purely Pomegranate; Memento Black
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Nestibilities; Cuttlebug, grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment