Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy Birthday


Welcome back to me! It's been a while since I posted - taking some much needed summer vacation time with my kids. I went down to my stamping room this morning and realized how much I missed it!
For my card today, I used the sketch challenge from Splitcoast this past week as my layout and used the inspiration challenge from today to get my card going! I chose MFT Oh Baby!, coloring the image with copics. I had started making a baby card, but wasn't happy with the color of the bow (for a baby), so I turned it into a birthday card for a close friend of mine. My inspiration for this card was this amazing mosaic of a dog by Linda Billet (htttp://lindabillet.com/gallerymosaic.html). I love the browns of this mosaic with the pinks. I chose a designer paper from Basic Grey that mimicked the mosaic designs of Linda Billet.
I modified the sketch a little bit, putting the 3b panel to the back in order to correct a mistake I made when adding the sentiment! I also didn't want to cover her legs. Instead, I added the sentiment to a seperate panel above the ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by today. It's nice to be back in the stamping world again!
Supplies used:
Stamps - MFT a la mode Oh Baby!, Stampin Up sentiment
Paper - Bazzill cardstock; Basic Grey Hopscotch dsp
Ink - Memento black, SU Groovy Guava
Accessories - Copics, grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, Spellbinders Nestibilities, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment