Friday, October 21, 2011

Wedding Card

Here is my card for the current sketch challenge at Taylored Expressions (TESC148). My cousin is getting married at the end of the month and her two favorites are purple and butterflies. I knew I wanted to use this gorgeous stamp from TE, but the round shape didn't fit the sketch, shown here:







I was able to work it out! I stamped the main image and then put a scallop border around that. I stamped a sentiment from another great TE set, Birds of a Feather, onto the big rectangular panel and then sponged around the edges with a softer plum. I used a light plum polka dot designer paper behind the image and used this same paper to make a raised flower (using the dies from Friendship Blooms). I didn't have a good ribbon to match, so I used the darker purple cardstock to make a faux ribbon on top and bottom. Brads at the top finished the card.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used:
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Birds of a Feather, Embrace Beauty
Paper - Stampin Up cardstock; Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather dsp
Ink- SU Plums
Accessories - Spellbinders Nestibilities, brads, TE Friendship Blooms dies, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment