Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rex Takes the Cake

This card is for the Color Challenge today at Splitcoast to make a card using Poppy (red), Limeade (green) and black (CC359). I also used the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge for my layout (SSSC150).

The image is a digital, Rex Takes the Cake, from Pink Cat Studio. He's a go-to for me for a little boy's birthday card. I colored him with Copics and matted all of the panels with black. I added more accents of black with the banners and the ribbon treatment. I embossed the red panel with circles too.

The layout for this sketch is from the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge, shown here:


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used:

Stamps - Pink Cat Studio Rex Takes the Cake digital; Stampin Up sentiment
Ink - Memento black
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary dsp
Accessories - Copics, Cuttlebug EF, Spellbinders Nestibilties, grosgrain ribbon, There She Goes banner die

2 comments: