Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bowl Full of Cherries



Taylored Expressions is back with their sketch challenges after taking a holiday break. But they are back, and so am I, making this card for their latest sketch (TESC151), shown here:


I was totally inspired by the paper today. I have been meaning to do this for a while, but most of the time I start with the image and the card takes off from there. I love the whimsy of this cherry paper from My Minds Eye, and it went so well with this go-to set for me, Berries and Cherries from Taylored Expressions.

I stamped the image towards the top of the circle panel, leaving room for the sentiment. I colored it with copics to match the paper and then matted the panel with blue and red. I then stamped the sentiment on the bottom and added a small scallop border across the center with baker's twine down the middle.

I used the cherry paper as my background, cutting one corner off to give a pop of the green. I then stitched this panel and added the buttons. I added a ribbon to the center, with a tie and button. This card makes me think of summer on such a cold day here in the northeast.


Supplies Used:
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Berries and Cherries
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, MME fine and dandy girl
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Nestibilities, scallop border punch, bakers twine, buttons, grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Darling job on the sketch, Kelly! I love the papers you used :)

    ReplyDelete