Monday, February 6, 2012

MFT One of a Kind

This week My Favorite Things is holding a guest designer challenge themed "Stamp Your Heart Out". Well I did just that!

For today, I made a card with a matching box, using their Oval Doily as the box top and bottom. So easy to make and such a cute way to surprise one of my daughters on Valentine's day. I'll have to make a few more and plan to put some chocolate in them.

Anyway, back to my projects! I used their Pure Innocence Paper Dolls stamp. I used a mask to cover up the paper dolls and punched out some matching hearts to make a paper chain of hearts instead. I paper pieced the dress and colored the rest of the girls with copics. I was lucky enough to get my shipment of the new MME Miss Caroline so that is the paper used throughout this project.

I borrowed the box idea from Frances Byrne's blog but changed the heart to the Oval Doily instead. Super easy and quicka but a really cute project. I added a ribbon across the bottom of the oval and put a rolled scallop flower with posies behind it.

The card has the same oval with the PI Paper Doll. I used a gigham here instead of the diamond pattern, opting to use that as my card background. I added another horizontal panel with the same paper as her dress and popped the sentiment onto this layer. I anchored it with rolled scallop flowers in red. The two background panels are stitched as well.

Front of card:


Inside of card:

Wish me luck getting the guest designer spot!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps - MFT Paper Dolls
Ink - Memento black
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, MME Miss Caroline dsp
Accessories  - MFT Die-namics: Oval Doily, Rolled Scallop, Pretty Posies; satin ribbon, heart punch, sewing machine, copics

No comments:

Post a Comment