Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Float My Boat

Here is my card for the weekly challenge at There She Goes to use a negative die cut (TSG142). This was a fun challenge. I really didn't know where I was going with this card but started out making a valentine! I took out the World's Best die to used the medal die for my heart. Then I tried the coordinating die and noticed a bit of a wave pattern. The card took off from there!

I stamped the image on white cardstock and colored it with copics, omitting the water from the image. The water here is made with the polka dot dsp, only I used the Worlds Best die to make the water's edge wavy. A little hard to see with the boat floating on top. I popped the boat up on dimensionals and added some waves to the water and some birds in the sky.

I layered two different papers (all from my new favorite MME Miss Caroline) and each layer is up on dimensionals to give it more depth. Both dsp panels have the cicle cut out (another negative die cut) to make a frame for the boy and his boat. I made the circle around the edge using two different size nesties together. Above the sentiment are two more negative die cuts using the Worlds' Best die to simulate a wave.

Hope you enjoy!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Stamps - There She Goes Float My Boat

Ink - Memento black, SU Blue Bayou
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, MME Miss Caroline dsp
Accessories - Spellbinders Nestibilities, TSG Worlds Best die, grosgrain ribbon, copics, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Kelly! You are rocking these TSG challenges Woman - this is AWESOME! LOVE it!!
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete