Thursday, February 23, 2012

Give a Smile




This is my first time down in my stamping room since bringing our puppy, Snickers, home. He joined me downstairs but shook like a leaf most of the time - he didn't realize we had a basement! He better get comfy down there because we'll be spending a lot of time down there! Here's a picture of my little Yorkie:



Now about the card.... here is a card I made for the Clean and Simple Design Team search on Splitcoast. The challenge was to make an encouragement card using nature images. The sentiments from this There She Goes Flowers of Happiness are so inspirational and perfectly fit the "encouragement" theme for today's challenge. And the flowers are a perfect nature image too. I paper peiced the flowers which took a bit of time given the amount of petals on each flower. I added a button center to the flowers and some petals around the bouquet. For the sentiment, I made a ribbon panel with a spring  - like gingham in yellow, matted in green to match the buttons and leaves. Easy clean and simple card for today. I hope to get back downstairs today if Snickers doesn't mind!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used:
Stamps - TSG Flowers of Happiness
Ink - Memento black
Paper - My Minds Eye Miss Caroline
Accessories - buttons, border punch, satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment