Monday, March 19, 2012

You Rock My Socks!



Here is a card I made for my daughter to give to her classmate this afternoon. It will go well with the itunes gift card she's giving her friend. I love using this set for my daughters' friends who are all turning 10 and 11, coloring the hair to match the recipient, of course!

I used the sketch from this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch challenge as my inspiration (MFTWSC63).

 I colored the image with copics and paper pieced the chair. I used that same paper and a coordinating blue as background panels. All of these panels were stitched with a sewing machine. I added a ribbon panel with a scalloped edge to the horizontal blue panel and popped up a flower cut out using Die-namics. This was all in an attempt to hide the crooked sewing line on this main panel!! The final element was a sentiment on the banner panel.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used:
Stamps - MFT PI Tweeny Tween Rock On
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, MME dsp
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - copics, sewing machine, Die-namics Pretty Posies, grosgrain ribbon, scallop border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment