Monday, March 12, 2012

You're a Lifesaver

Here is my card for today - finally able to stamp again after a bit of a break due to our new little addition, Snickers. He's a good little puppy but definitely needs to be watched!

My card today is for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch challenge (MFTWSC62). I chose this adorable image Pure Innocence Firefighter Girl. My husband is a volunteer firefighter and so are a lot of our friends, so this image was even sweeter to me. I commend the men and women who wake up in the middle of the night to answer our alarms and take our loved ones to the hospital. They really are lifesavers.

For today's card, I followed the sketch below:


I colored the image with copics and cut her out, placing her on top of the vertical panels. I kept with the yellow and red from the image, using some of my favorite paper from MME. I added in some kraft paper, bringing in an embossed panel behind the vertical panels and as the base. I love how it looks with black.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully I'll be back with another card today, if Snickers cooperates!

Supplies used:
Stamps - MFT PI Firefighter Girl
Ink - Memento black
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, Taylored Expressions white, MME dsp
Accessories - Copics, Cuttlebug EF, grosgrain ribbon, button, twine

No comments:

Post a Comment