Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rock My Socks!


Today's card is for my niece, who just turned six years old. She loves her new Ipos so this set from My Favorite Things was perfect for the occassion. I made this card for the Ways to Use It challenge today at Splitcoast (WT375), which was to use complementary colors on the color wheel. In this card it is the dark pink against the blue.

I colored the image with copics, paper pieced her bean bag, and cut the image out to pop it up over designer paper. I have been doing this alot because I like the way it adds another patterned paper into the design and it takes away the big white space.

I embossed the kraft panel with Swiss dots and added a gingham ribbon. I added two more layers of designer paper and used my PTI Numbers die to cut out a big "6" out of a matching paper.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Supplies Used:
Stamps - MFT Pure Innocence Tweeny Tween Rock On
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, MME dsp
Ink - Memento black
Accessories- Copics, Cuttlebug EF, gingham ribbon, PaperTrey Ink Numbers die 

No comments:

Post a Comment