Friday, June 1, 2012

Best Teacher Ever!


Here is my card for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer challenge (MFTGUESTDT0612), which was a sketch challenge. I used this adorable little girl from MFT Pure Innocence "Book In Hand" for my main image, making a end of year thank you card for one of my daughters' teachers. I have seven cards to make in total, this being only my second! Needless to say, I will be making another card for this challenge!!

Today's card took a bit of time to finish it. I have had trouble finding longer stretches of time to work on a card, so finishing a card is taking days. I colored this image with copics and paper pieced her outfit with some paper from My Minds Eye. I cut out the image and popped her up on some pink and white graph paper. The rest of the card followed the sketch shown here:


I used several MFT Die-namics on my card today - the horizontal stripes are layered chevron stripes using the Chevron Die-namic and the flower embellishment was made using the Pretty Posies Die-namic and the Button Quartet Die-namics. I added a bow of twine to the center of this button. All of the panels were stitched with a sewing machine and each layer is popped up on dimensionals to add depth to the card.
Thanks for stopping by today! Now to decide which teacher gets this card :).

Supplies used:
Stamps: MFT PI Book In Hand, MFT Teacher's Pet sentiment
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, Taylored Expressions white, MME dsp
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Copics, MFT Die-namics (Pretty Posies, Chevron stripe, Button Quartet), twine, sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment