Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Special Treat for You


Here is a card I made for the color challenge at Splitcoast today(CC382) and for the weekly sketch challenge at The Sweet Stop blog (SSS165). The color challenge was to use coral, crumb cake and white on a card. I substituted kraft for the crumb cake.

I inked up this adorable Pure Innocence from MFT called Lollypop. I just finished my first version of the card and was putting away the ink from sponging the coral and dropped it on her cute face!! Back to coloring another image. I had a hard time deciding the color of the lollipop, but went with red and white at my daughter's suggestion (she has an artful eye). There was a lot going on with this card so my original coloring of a rainbow colored lolly stood out too much.

The image is colored with copics and I cut her out, popping her up agianst an oval sponged with coral. The rest of the card followed the sketch below:



It was a busy sketch (my favorite kind!) so I had a lot of opportunity to add color and texture, which I did!

Thanks for stopping by today!!

2 comments:

  1. Darling card Kelly. Love the sweet image cut out. The papers are really pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MFT stamps and your colors are just yummy. Great card.

    ReplyDelete