Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sketch Challenge


I really should have started wrapping presents or baking tonight instead of stamping, but there is always the weekend!
Here is my card for today's sketch challenge over at Splitcoast (SC311). I needed a card for my daughter's friend, who is turning 5. I love the sweet innocence of Sophia from Paper Pretties, so I inked up that stamp for my main image. I colored her with copics and tried to match the strawberry blond hair of the little girl this is going to. A pink dress was a definite - very girly girl. I moved the sentiment panel down to the bottom of the main image (a little bit lower than on the sketch) to fit my image better. I added two grosgrain ribbons to match the background papers. I went with yet another polka dot green background, though different from yesterday's card! And so cute with the pinks!
TFL and have a great day!
Supplies used:
Stamps : Paper Pretties Cuddle Me; SU Birthday Whimsy
Ink: Memento Black, SU Purely Pomegranate
Paper: Bazill Dk. Pink, Lt. Pink; white; Echo Park Walk in the Park; Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday
Accessories: Copics, striped grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment