Monday, October 10, 2011

Clean and Simple - Breakfast!!

Here is the second card I made for the Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoast today (CAS139), which was an inspiration challenge. I am happy to say that I am the Guest Desinger for this challenge today!
The photo for the inspiration was a breakfast of coffee, apple and danish. Since my day always begins with a coffee, this was an easy choice! This image from Taylored Expressions' Sprinkled with Love is really more of a hot chocolate, but it works for my design! I colored the image with copics and added a simple sentiment panel. I used a sentiment from another set, Friendship Blooms, because coffee is my best friend in the morning and I am truly thankful when it is finished brewing!!
I added a few strands of bakery twine to carry the danish into my card. As a child, Sunday mornings meant a trip to the bakery after church! I loved how the twine hung from stainless steel holders hanging from the ceiling. If only I knew then how much I needed for my cards!!

Thanks for stopping by today.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Sprinkled with Love, Friendship Blooms
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, Stampin Up dsp
Ink - Memento black, SU Choc Chip
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Nestibilities, bakers' twine, brads, corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment