Saturday, March 24, 2012

Be Happy


I was able to get a little time stamping this morning so I made this quick card for The Sweet Stop Sketches challenge (SSS151) and for the inspiration challenge at Splitcoast. I haven't been able to join along with that one in a while. I was inspired by a picture of a red phone in front of a blue vase.

For today's card, I used a sentiment as my "image" panel.( I love this Pearls of Wisdom set from My Favorite Things ) That's why it was a quick one today - no coloring with copics. I used red highlights throughout and tried to use up some older paper that I had that I've been saving for no good reason. It looks so much nicer on a card than in a drawer! I also found a strawberry brad that went perfectly with the background paper. I added some banner cutouts to the side of the sentiment panel to match the sketch and put some twine underneath that. The sketch is shown here:


Thanks for stopping by today! Rain on the forecast for tomorrow so I'll definitely be able to steal some stamping time!!

Supplies used:
Stamps - MFT Pearls of Wisdom
Ink - SU RRH
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, Echo Park and Bo Bunny dsp
Accessories - Scallop Nestibilities, twine, brad, button

No comments:

Post a Comment