Monday, March 26, 2012

You're Sweet


Here is my card for the My Favorite Things sketch challenge (MFTWSC64) this week. I used the Pure Innocence January girl for this card, which will be a birthday card for my Mom. Her favorite flower is the carnation so this adorable image is just perfect.



I colored the image with copics and cut the flower out of the box. I used some paper from My Minds Eye Miss Caroline, outlining everything in kraft paper. I added a center ribbon panel over the yellow to add a little more texture to the card. This is the same cardstock as the base layer, embossed with Swiss Dots. I added white grosgrain and twine across this. Instead of a bow from the sketch, I used the Pretty Posies Die-namics to make a flower out of kraft paper. I added a button tied with twine to the center. The sentiment is from MFT Berry Sweet PI. I wanted something more fitting for a birthday card.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used:
Stamps - MFT PI January, PI Berry Sweet
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, MME dsp
Ink - Memento black
Accessories - Copics, MFT Die-namics Pretty Posies, twine, grosgrain ribbon, button, Cuttlebug EF

No comments:

Post a Comment