Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chick Flick!

Just got back from a great weekend of boating and had some time to stamp a card - a perfect way to wrap up a weekend. I made this card for the featured stamper challenge at Splitcoast today (FS284), honoring Cynthia.


My new order from My Favorite Things arrived on Friday, so I had to ink this cute image up right away. It's not a new stamp to their Pure Innocence line, but a must for my collection. My daughters are at the age now where a movie gift card is a perfect gift for a friends' birthday. This set is perfect for a card to accompany such a gift.

I colored the image in copics and cut it out. I tried to match the layout of a card made by Cynthia. Instead of a large heart in the center, I cut out a circle and added a large scallop border. I sewed the edges of the background panels and embossed the blue background with dots. A ribbon tied across the ticket designer paper was the final touch.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Kelly

Supplies used:
Stamps - MFT Pure Innocence Popping By
Ink - Memento black
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, MME Miss Caroline dsp
Accessories - Copics, MFT Die-namics (Simply Scallop large, Sentiment Strips), sewing machine, grosgrain ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment