Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Christmas in July!



Well, not quite, but it's never too early to start making cards! There She Goes is hosting a Christmas in July challenge on their blog (TSG165), which is the inspiration for this card. Christmas is less than six months away and with four kids in school this year, I will need at least six teacher cards when the holidays arrive. I almost always leave it to the last minute so I have to give TSG a big thank you for getting me started early!

For today's card, I used There She Goes Buckets of Love and Buckets of Love Holiday Additions. I used the sketch challenge at Splitcoast for my layout (SC394). I also used the colors from yesterday's color challenge at splitcoast (CC384), which was vanilla, red and green - too easy with this card! I colored the image with copics and followed the sketch for the rest of the card. I was glad to finally use this Christmas paper I have had stashed. The background is embossed with a natural bark look to keep with the look of the basket.


Thanks for stopping by today!!

Kelly

Supplies used:
Stamps - TSG BOL, BOL Holiday Additions

Ink - Memento black, Stampin Up Red Riding Hood
Paper - Kraft, Taylored Expressions white, MME Holly Jolly
Accessories - Copics, Cuttlebug EF, Grosgrain ribbon, brads

No comments:

Post a Comment