Friday, July 20, 2012

Soak Up the Sun


Today's card is all about summertime, ironically on a rainy day here in the northeast! The monthly theme at Splitcoast is summertime, when the livin' is easy(CT0712). This image from Taylored Expressions is perfect for that theme. I love a great sunset when all of the colors of the sky blend from yellow to blue. Nothing beats watching a sunset from a lazy Adirondeck chair. This card is also for yesterday's Ways to Use It challenge (WT384), which was to Hit the Beach.

I colored the image with copics. Then I masked the image and sponged shades of blue, pink, orange, yellow and brown to create a sunset. I used a wavy blue patterned paper in the background to give a water effect and found a perfect use for the My Mind's Eye woodgrain paper. I sponged the sentiment with some yellow and wrapped some twine for a finishing touch.



Thanks for stopping by today!!

Kelly

Supplies used:
Stamps - Taylored Expressions A Day in Paradise
Ink - Memento black, brown, cantaloupe, pink, blue
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, TE white, MME dsp
Accessories - Copics, twine, grosgrain ribbon, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment